Saturday, February 14, 2009

When your sanity hangs by a thread...

It's best not to pull too hard.
I'm at a complete loss. My husband, who is supposed to love me unconditionally, has decided he has a burning need for social interaction that is yet to be satisfied. When I last posted, we had a huge "discussion" about a lot of different things. He disclosed to me that I am "stifling him" and he thinks it's ridiculous that he can't have a friend of the female persuasion.
Last night, he went out with someone that he works with. And although I'm OK with him actually going to a movie with a girl that is a friend, he lied to me about a lot of the details. How am I supposed to trust him?

  • Detail #1: He said he was probably not going to make the early show and would need to go to the 8pm one and he guessed he would work overtime to "fill the gap".
  • Fact #1: He left work after a whopping 30 minutes of OT, and bought his tickets THE NIGHT BEFORE...he knew all along he was going to the later show.
  • Detail #2: He gave me NO indication that he was going to dinner with this person(s) (I still don't know who he went with)
  • Fact #2: He went to dinner RIGHT DOWN THE STREET from the house and didn't think to call me and let me know, or ask if I wanted to join them for dinner. (No, I don't want to see Friday the 13th, but dinner out with friends is always nice)
    Nevermind the fact that I'm left home to care for HIS daughter (by his ex, not MY kid) who is also diabetic and a royal pain in the a$$. She is spoiled rotten and he doesn't care about the stress THAT puts me in either.
  • Now he says he didn't "LIE" since he said he MAY work overtime, never said he was going to. Yet he didn't bother to call me all day, or message me that plans changed etc. He led me to believe one thing then did another.
  • Detail #3: He also just sold his RC car to a friend. Last I heard, he was thinking about it. Next thing I know...Ian's coming over to pick it up. No discussion about how much to sell it for, what payment arrangements had been made, etc. When I told him I wasn't happy about that, he said, "now I have to ask PERMISSION to sell my things??" I replied, "NO, but it *was* a financial decision that we should have made TOGETHER...just like the anniversary band (that I LOVE, it's a GORGEOUS ring) that I was considering selling. I talked to you about it, I didn't just go do it."
  • Fact #3: I'm not supposed to "butt in" to "HIS business"
  • Detail #4: I asked him yesterday for his monthly contribution to our financials ... a whopping $125/month this guy gives me ... I was told he wasn't sure if he had it, he has bills to pay.
  • Fact #4: He supposedly has at least $100 put aside for me to frame a print he gave me for Christmas. It's still not framed, he hasn't given me the money. He told me to go do it and he'll pay me back. I'm sure he's hoping I'll do it cheaper than $100 and he can keep the difference...Merry Fucking Christmas to me huh? He also has money in savings and in his daughter's savings that he could have tapped into until he's paid again. Not to mention the fact that he literraly JUST SOLD his RC car to his friend so I know he has that money as well. "I didn't think about that" he told me when I asked him about that... Fact #4a: I asked him for my money, he HAD the means to give it to me, and he refused. Some partnership...
  • Detail #5: He measures the "success" of a relationship by how much intercourse he gets to partake in.
  • Fact #5: He actually got ANGRY at ME for not wanting to have sex with him the night my ex served me with papers about custody changes. Gee...I'm sorry, I'm a bit stressed and upset right now! Again, it's all about HIM and HIS needs...nevermind me or mine.
  • Detail #6: I got REALLY messed up drunk one time at a happy hour (the one and ONLY time I drank to excess)...I was told that I called him to come pick me up I didn't think I could drive.
  • Fact #6: He was already in bed and wouldn't come get me...I attempted to drive home and wrecked the car. Thank GOD it wasn't worse...

From the start, I ignored the fact that he puts everyone and everything aside to focus on only himself. I also ignored the "signs" that he cares very little about me and how much he's been using me.

When I need him, he's not there. When I need support and encouragement, he's elsewhere. When I need to discuss something, I can't even finish a sentence before he tries to twist things into being my fault for (ultimately) not giving him enough sex.
Now...while my sanity hangs by a thread, I'm at a loss about what to do. I still love him (I think???) and don't want this relationship to end. But, he's not going to change and I'm not sure that I even care anymore if he does or not. Which means, I guess, that I AM ready for the relationship to end, even if I don't WANT it to.

I'm tired of fighting all the time. I'm tired of dealing with his high maintenance daughter when he obviously doesn't want to. I'm tired of the stress and pressure it's putting on me and MY kids. I'm just tired.

1 comment:

Aalyve Wyyre said...

Ok I realize a couple of those facts have nothing to do with his night out or being able to trust him. I just got on a roll of how he goes out of his way to EXCLUDE me from his life and kept going...sorry! :p~