Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Therapy...revelaing

So I go to a therapy session with my daughter and ex. Daughter says things are going ok except she's having problems with HU. *sigh*

She says I'm changing/have changed and that I give in to him even when I know it's wrong to do so. DO I?? yikes...have I lost that much of myself in trying to please him, honor him, respect him?? I think I have. I have to get ME back. I am an assertive strong woman...problem is, I want to please everyone. Everyone but me. I'm the provider and caretaker, mother and counselor, doctor and .. whatever else there is to BE.

She says HU argues all the time, curses too much, and all the kids (even his own) are tired of being treated that way.

I'm glad she feels comfortable saying things like this to her therapist and in front of me (just wish it hadn't been in front of the ex, but I'm glad for her comfort level). I just hope that it was due to his unhappiness here that he was acting this way and not because I had blinders on all this time.

God grant me patience...

No comments: