Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God love Danny Goeke

You know, the American Idol contestant? He's unbelievably talented...and an inspiration.

Danny is the epitome of what it means to "let go" and move on. He wrote in his blog about the crud that takes hold of your heart: Bitterness, anger, hatred, etc. It takes hold, breeds, and expands. It consumes you. You have to let go of those emotions in order to move on.

That's not as easy as it sounds though. Today, I'm trying to "let go". Let go of those feelings, not my relationship. I'm done feeling sorry for myself and hating HU for wanting to be with others more than me and hating myself for not seeing signs every other person I talk to sees. (Love is blind, yes?) Granted, they see the situation through my eyes, so therein could be the problem.

So it's time. I need to let love back in. I need to let kindness take over. I need to be me again. Where did I go?

3 comments:

Kris Langham said...

Hang in there - God loves Danny Goeke, and He loves you too. :)

Linda's World said...

Danny Goeke has a God given talent. Even if he doesn't win 'American Idol' he will go far in the music business. Bless you,

Dianne Zientz said...

Danny, God has great things in store for you. He has given you a wonderful gift singing. I am excited to see where God leads you after being on American Idol. You have been through a lot which shows me Satan meant some of your trials to be for evil but God will use your trials for good!!!!!!