Monday, February 16, 2009

More action needed, less "talk" please

I've started typing out my own divorce papers. We talked and talked and talked, neither is willing to budge at this point.

He won't see how going out with other women just isn't right...after all, they're "just friends". He doesn't see that *I* used to be that person he wanted to spend time with. He said it's because I was the only person he knew here. Ouch.

My concerns aren't valid and don't matter. His needs are all that matters. He said last night that he gave up everything to be with me...all his friends. I know that...I warned him to be sure he wanted to do that.

I DO have trust issues. I DO have jealous issues. I DO have fear of losing him issues. Those aren't the I DO's that I choose to focus on when I think about being married though. Nor should I have to. Being married is work. It's committment. It's hard. It's putting other people's needs before your own. It's responsibility. It's being beside that person, no matter what.

Bottom line, I told him he could see a slasher movie (because I won't go to those) with a friend who is a female, but that's it. That's all I'll give him right now because I can't give any more.

I need to get a hobby of my own... *sigh*

No comments: