Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Changes

They don't have to be bad...but they are hard.

My branch closes in less than a month. What I thought would be a nice "transition phase" to the new one located 2 miles east of my current location is now going to be a case where I'm "thrown in" to a new staff, new setup, and new challenges. It will be interesting to say the least.

The current manager at OLB will go to Wentzville....Wentzville manager will go to Cave Spring....Cave Springs manager will go to North County....North County manager will go to Greenway Chase...Greenway Chase manager is going to ... Automated Services manager (back office). o.O

Who knew one branch closing and one back office manager retiring would have such a profound effect on so many people!??!

Went to lunch with HU at his request today...was nice. Sub sandwiches and fair conversation. Perhaps things are getting a bit better. We'll see. I came home from the store and he had several folks he was texting, he could see that I was checking out the sections of his phone visually that show who the messages are being sent to and he "conveniently" needed to use his calculator at that moment instead. He also told me tonight that next week he'll have MANDATORY 8 hours...EIGHT HOURS... of overtime. *sigh* I am so far behind in all the things I need to do and had JUST told him at lunch I have craptons of junk to get done...I need him home when I have to work late this month. I NEED HIM HOME. He *said* he's considering taking an occurrence and not doing any OT at all. We'll see how it plays out...just awfully convenient is all... :(

I'm still distraught at the timing of everything, but I'm really trying to get over it. What a fiasco...and so much pain and hurt.

Good news: Tax refund should be in on Friday and we're planning on remodeling the living room. I'm excited to be decorating again...one thing I'm fairly good at and enjoy immensely.

No comments: