Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bitter Sweet Symphony

It's more than a song...lately it's been the theme song of my life.

My daughter is doing MUCH better in school. So good in fact, she feels like she no longer needs to take her medicine. *sigh* Here we go again. We've reduced her dose from 20mg twice a day to 10mg twice a day. Hopefully, it will be enough to help her maintain the levels of concentration, and keep her mood stabilized so that she doesn't fall back into depressed state. She seems to care about school this go around and I want that to continue, not revert back to what we were like before with her. We've been getting along really well too. Last night she calls HU into her room to see something, I ask him later what that was all about and he says: "I can't tell you". While I appreciate very much that she trusts him and wants him to be part of certain parts of her life...it infuriated me. Anytime Steph said anything to me, he was all over me to tell him about it. Dunno...I guess I just hate feeling shut out of important (or even not so important) things going on in my kids' lives.

John is away on a Boy Scout camping trip. While I'm SUPER excited he's finally, FINALLY joining in on anything social, I'm a bit worried about him being along with a group of boys and leaders I know nothing about. Not "I need to do background checks on these people" worried, but then again, one never knows!

I get so sick of hearing about child abductions, cult like scenarios that folks are held captive in, abuse, neglect, etc. It's on tv everyday on HLN (the wonderful "news" station they've decided to leave our tv on at work turned to). It's sickening...literally.

I have really enjoyed our lives without Stephanie here, but I'm worried about her too. She's been in a mental hospital for a week because she's depressed about being diabetic. She's now on Zoloft and who knows how that's going to affect her. I hope she gets things under control and can stay with her mom and visit with us. That's the ideal situation for me and my kids...not sure about HU though. I don't want him to resent me/us because his daughter's too much trouble. Hopefully Steph will mature a bit, the meds will help, and she'll be a much different girl the next time she comes to visit/stay with us.

I just don't need more drama...not sure I can handle it. :(

So while many things are going quite well right now, they seem to come with a price. It all seems bitter sweet ... I really like semi-sweet better!

No comments: