Friday, May 21, 2010

Good Gravy, has it been that long?

I was thinking I needed to write something here again soon...apparently I've been thinking that for the last three months?!?!

So much has happened (and not happened) in that time frame I really don't know where to begin.

I vowed to keep my blogs a bit more positive this year so we'll start there this time:

The Chamber gig has been ok so far. Demanding and taxing on my time, but otherwise, no major catastrophes (yet...*knocks on anything wooden*) It's hard to keep the Board meetings on track and on time, but I do my best and from the feedback I get, I'm guess they go well. It's nice that folks commend me on my diplomacy when dealing with situations that come up, too. Sometimes I wish I were a bit less diplomatic and a bit more action-oriented. I feel like being the President this year, I should be doing more to "make a difference", but I don't know how I can take anything more on realistically.

Michelle. Things have been going along ok with Michelle. She still struggles in school with turning in work on time (or at all). She also is one of those kids who doesn't do well on tests, which, when combined with missing assignments equates to poor grades. She'd do ok if she just did her classwork and turned it in on time. /sigh But the good news here is...we're getting ALONG better. I have, for the most part, been able to talk to her. Unless it has to do with school, or her medicine (which she insists she doesn't need), we get along fine. I think (hope?) she's slowly realizing I'm not the enemy...

John. He's doing well in Boy Scouts, still enjoying it, so I keep encouraging it. It's good for him to have the social interaction with others. His grades have started slipping, but not terribly. He loves his hamster and he stays out of the drama that the girls seem to perpetuate. Quite simply, he's the glue that holds me together.

Steph. Up to her old tricks. Lies to the nurse at school in order to get snacks. She told the nurse her blood sugar level was 68...Nurse happened to check the meter and she was over 200. Pizza missing from the fridge here at home, she's over 200, yet denies eating it at all. We're in the process of working with a lawyer to get custody, not sure how that's going to play out, but I'll jump off that bridge when I get there...

Eric. Went to Chicago last weekend and began to have leg pain. Went to the ER when he got home on Sunday. They found a blockage (small) in his leg and will be doing more tests to find out why he's prone to getting clots. More on him in the rant section. He did get a nice floral arrangement delivered to work for mother's day... tulips.

Me. Feeling every day more and more "lost". Just lost. Like I don't belong in this life I'm in. Like I'm working in a coal mine that just collapsed and I'm trying desperately to get through and find some sort of light at the end of the tunnel...There have to be some diamonds in all this coal....

No comments: