Friday, May 21, 2010

And one more thing...

Just because I want to document that this happened, so later when I'm in the nuthouse, you all dear readers will know why.

After coming home late one night from work, Eric decided he just HAD to go to the store and get something...yogurt and food for his "diet" or something, I forget now what it was. But he had to go all the way to the grocery for it...wasn't anything he could just pick up at QT. And since he was going to Schnucks, he was going to stop at Home Depot and pickup a part for the back screen door that was broke. Now, normally, I wouldn't mind. Gimme a kiss goodbye, I'll see you when you get home. THIS PARTICULAR night, however, Michelle was gone (but on her way home from a school event) John was home with me, Steph was outside on the porch swing. THIS PARTICULAR Friday night...we had a torrential downpour of rain, hail, and tornados in the area. Yet he couldn't wait until morning to go out and pickup a few things from the grocery.

Mind you, his work building is in a parking lot which is adjacent to a Schnucks grocery and he could've stopped on his way TO or FROM work the next day if needed.

So...not only did he go out, but he went out in the worst storm of the season so far. Tornado sirens were going off, actual sightings of twisters in our area were being reported. Not only did HE go, but he TOOK STEPH WITH HIM! AND left her damn insulin bag here in the house!!!! >.< (remember I said she was outside on the porch swing....she said I want to come, he said ok let's go...she hopped in the car and they took off) He came back with a few things, but nothing that couldn't have waited until the morning.

Now I ask you...WHO DOES THAT?!!??!? (other than professional storm chasers...)

Not only goes out into a storm driving around, but takes their DIABETIC 12 year old daughter with them and doesn't check to be sure her insulin is present?!?!

The "what-ifs" haunted me until they arrived home. And he just couldn't understand what I was so bent out of shape over... *sigh*

Miraculously, yet I don't know how, I have managed to stay out of a straight jacket and my blood pressure is still good...

No comments: