Sunday, June 7, 2009

June...a new beginning??

February sucked, March was stressful, April was dreadful, May...moronic. June...a new beginning???

Last night, my step daughter left to go back to Vegas and live with her Mom. While I KNOW I did all I could to provide her a stable loving home environment here for the last two years, I can't help but revel in the fact she's gone. It's been two long years and has created a huge strain on my home, my marriage, my mental and physical health.

I'm tired, but relieved. I have a HUGE mess to clean up in her room. She has a guinea pig and it's disgusting. Hay everywhere, poop everywhere, food everywhere...she didn't bother to keep anything clean or organized.

Friday was my day off, my mother in law was driving in from Chicago and I spent the afternoon at the hospital with my step daughter because she didn't take care of herself and her illness (diabetes). She did things her way or no way, and I am completely relieved to have the stressor removed from my life.

HU and I may never recover from this. There's a wedge between us now that I can't ignore. There's resentment and anger...hurt and depression. He just carries on as if nothing's changed. It didn't affect him at all everything she put me through. I seriously almost had a nervous break down. Maybe I did...who knows.

We'll see how the next two weeks go for us. There won't be any kids in the house for two whole weeks. It's time to rebuild our relationship or completely move on. The choice will be his.

No comments: