Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Branch, new challenges..

Well...I'm officially "settled" into my new office. As settled as I can be considering I've been thrown in there with no training on new systems and am flying by the seat of my pants. LOL

All in all, it's a beautiful branch and I'm having fun getting to know the employees there. They're really a great bunch of folks that work like well oiled machine. They have great teamwork, so 1/2 my battle is won already. Now I just have to justify to the big guys that I need more help. We'll see but that likely won't happen for a couple of months if at all.

Steph has been in her room all night. HU is out working overtime and supposedly going by home depot on his way home to get the last bit of trim we need to finish off the living room.

Michelle is still ... distant...toward me and I can't help but feeling like I missed many opportunities to have a great relationship with her because I have to be focused on work and other issues in my life. She senses the disconnects between HU and myself I know, and she's naturally scared and unhappy and wants to escape that reality I'm sure. *sigh*

For now, I'm taking everything one day at a time and feeling like I'm just trying to wade over to the shallow end from nearly drowning to death just a few short days ago. Funny thing...I used to love to swim.

No comments: