Friday, September 3, 2010

I really need to update this more!

The last time I updated was just before I was headed off to visit my sister. It was a wonderful trip! No drama, fresh "country" air, a bit of "country labor" --had to help unload a pile of wood! o.O--, and a whole lot of relaxing! It was great, I was refreshed, but it didn't change anything going on in my life that creates the stress in the first place. LOL

When I thought about blogging, it reminded me I haven't done so in quite some time. Also reminded me that I haven't spoken to or heard from Gwynn in awhile either, so I texted her just to check in. Which also reminds me I miss Saraney and wonder how she's doing too...

Well dear readers, on to the blog!

Here are the updates on the kids first:

Michelle ~ Caught texting nekkie pics to her boyfriend (and he sent some to her)...had to sit down with BOTH of them and have the "responsibility" talk...I'm sure it was WAY more embarrassing for me than them, but it had to be done. School I *think* is going ok for her so far. She seems to be on top of her work. We'll see how progress looks when I check online here in a bit!

John ~ Doing well in school, drama free kid, enjoying Scouts still. Gearing up for some fall camping and tree lot sales will start in November around Thanksgiving. Had a talk with him about money, budgeting, planning, saving, etc. He was almost "excited" to begin saving for AnimeSTL next year. He keeps talking about getting a job asap when he's able. Said he wants to work at GameStop. LOL

Steph ~ Pretty drama free so far this school year, but honestly hasn't been around much. She's at her friend's house more than she's here it seems lately, and I'm not sure I really like it all that much. She's spending the night there a lot, even on school nights, going to church with them, and just not spending any time here. When she's here she's brooding and "bored". I feel like we should be paying her friend's mom for room and board! =/

Eric and I have been on really good terms lately, but the kids haven't really caused too many uproaring issues either. Typically when we have our problems it's over how to deal with disciplining the kids. (more on stuff going on with us in the next blog!)

Work ~ Pretty non-eventful stuff there as well. I have enough staff right now *knock wood* that when I have a big project or assignment to take care of, I can sort of lock myself away in my office and actually work on it. I rarely take any work home with me, and the stress level has been low there as well. The three evals I had to give my employees went well (though they weren't all glowing reviews), and I have a bit of reprieve from having to write any more evals until later this month.

Chamber ~ Again, pretty non-eventful. Just had a Board meeting yesterday (Only two and a half more to go during my term as President!) and it went well. I had to gather and present staff salary and compensation information to the Executive Board and negotiate some additional benefits for the Chamber's director. The actual Board meeting went well, though it ended on a controversial note. Sometimes it amazes me how the littlest thing sets people off. LOL

Taking a break from the computer for a shower...will write more today though! :)

No comments: